Dog Training Services
My unique approach to dog training is geared more towards addressing the primary state of mind of your dog, rather than strictly focusing on creating rehearsed obedience drills. I am much more concerned with creating a safe, calm and balanced dog, than creating a dog that just performs commands on cue. I can essentially offer you the ultimate "do over" in your relationship with your dog. I can give you a clean slate to work from even if you have months or years of bad habits or frustration. To ensure your dog’s new good behavior remains intact within the structure it has been taught, you will need to work daily at reinforcing the training, by maintaining the same commands and rituals. Your commitment to training contributes greatly to your final outcome. It is a true team effort. I create it, you maintain it. If you are interested in this training program, please take a moment to read, fill in and submit the client questionnaire along with your contact information. I will respond to you within twenty-four hours.
This soup-to-nuts program in my home isn't just about a couple of training sessions a day, like a kennel environment. I will be "doing life" with your dog 24/7. Obedience commands, waiting at thresholds, feeding ritual, house manners, car manners, socialization and appropriate play will be part of your dog's daily routine. The benefit of my Stay and Train program is that I do all the tedious work for you!!! I will be laying the foundation for your dog to TRULY understand his/her commands. This requires hundreds of repetition of each command with precise timing. Modern E-Collar training is the best training tool for dogs struggling with a slew of issues ranging from general disobedience, fearful behavior to aggression. After my training program, you will have a dramatically calmer dog, that you will be able to take anywhere, without worry! Additionally, having the ability to reliably call back your off-leash dog, is an incredible experience of freedom and more importantly, SAFETY! Imagine being able to confidently allow your dog off-leash, at the lake, hiking or while camping! You can have peace of mind knowing you can call your dog out of play with other dogs or even off of a deer! These results are completely realistic with my Three Week Stay and Train program.
3 Week Stay and Train $2300* (dogs 5 months and up)
My Stay and Train Program Includes:
- a 30-minute consultation in my home when you drop off your dog.
- (3) weeks of training
- a daily walk
- your dog will learn the following commands ON or OFF leash: "place" "down" "sit" "heel" and "come"
- phone/email support and updates via Flash Dog Training, LLC on Facebook and/or YouTube
- all dog training is performed with real world distractions, out in town, at the park and with my own dogs
- a training collar (Herm Sprenger Prong, Starmark or other)
- I will also address minor behavioral issues such as: jumping, leash biting, digging, rushing through doors, counter surfing, chewing, barking, whining, biting, mouthing, stealing.
- all intense behavioral issues like aggression, anxiety and fear will be assessed as the program starts and will be addressed accordingly to the dog's needs
- (2) follow-up sessions: The first will take place in your home when I return your dog to you. (expect 1 1/2 - 2 hours for this lesson.) The second will take place in my home (This session will be 1-hour)
- lifetime phone/email support after the program
If you choose to have your dog off-leash trained, an Educator Brand collar runs between $180-$350 depending on the needs of your dog. I may strongly recommend that some behavioral cases MUST use a remote collar for maximum reliability. *Price will vary based on the degree of of your dogs behavioral issues and will be discussed after reviewing our questionnaire during the follow-up phone call. *There is a chance additional weeks may be required at a cost of $500.00 per week to resolve your dog's behavior issue(s). You will be informed within the first week of your dog's Stay and Train, if any additional weeks are needed. Occasionally, dogs require more time if they are really struggling with aggression, anxiety or fear. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required once your dog has been scheduled for Stay and Train services.
In-Home Intensive $1,100*
This program is for folks who wish to resolve their dog's issues in their home environment and have the time to do their dog's repetitive foundation training themselves. I will come to your home and work with you and your dog to custom tailor training assignments to facilitate your dog's success. We will be in constant contact during the two month window where the lessons will be taking place. I will come to your home 3x for a training session lasting 2-3 hours each. The final session will take place outside of the home at a park/restaurant/brewery etc. to ensure generalization of your dog's commands and state of mind.
We will greatly be emphasizing on lifestyle and management choices in addition to implementing training techniques and the use of new training tools. How and in what context you feed your dog his meals will be an intricate part of this program as well. You will learn all kinds of awesome living-with-dogs hacks that will maximize your enjoyment with your best friend and take your bond to a whole different level.
Basic On-Leash Obedience Program $450 (not for dogs with serious behavior issues)
Do you want to take your hyperactive or crazy leash-pulling dog to a new level of chill? Do you already have a good foundation with your dog, but are looking for better obedience? Is your dog lacking confidence? My basic obedience program will take you and your dog's relationship to the next level. This program includes:
- (4) one hour sessions at my home and property
- your dog will learn "sit" "down" "place" "heel" and "come"
- a training collar (Herm Sprenger Prong, Starmark or other)
- phone/email support during the program
Phone consultations are offered for basic problem solving at a rate of $45/hr.